Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <niranjan(dot)k(at)nsn(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches
Date: 2009-02-24 19:26:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Presumably we'll keep the capability to restore from a backup and restore
> from WAL archive as well, when those are available. Keeping that capability
> shouldn't add many lines of code.

Yes, I assume that only missing WAL files (probably including .backup file)
which are not in archive area of the standby server need to be transferred.
If there are many missing files, we can also copy them via multiple connection
before starting the standby.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao