Re: Synch Replication

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: niranjan(dot)k(at)nsn(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Synch Replication
Date: 2009-02-04 01:35:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Ooops, my mail client has sent the previous message, on the way. Sorry.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your testing and report!
>
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:18 PM, K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
> <niranjan(dot)k(at)nsn(dot)com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried using the Synchronous replication and I'am unable to replicate
>> the queries (Ex. create table temp1(int int);).
>>
>> I have downloaded the latest postgres dev snapshot and the latest sync
>> replication patch from wiki.
>>
>> I have attached the log file which has the trace statements displayed on
>> the console. I actually changed the 'test_synch_rep.sh', so that the
>> standby database will put detailed trace messages.
>>
>> I'am actaully getting error related to history file.
>>
>> Could you please help regarding this.

The problem which you pointed out was not reproduced on my machine.
I suspect that the base HEAD version might be different between us.
I uploaded my pgsql source with synch rep patch (v0128), so please try it.

http://senduit.com/e5a942

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao