Re: Versioning Schema/Stored Procedures

From: vishal saberwal <vishalsaberwal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Versioning Schema/Stored Procedures
Date: 2005-12-19 16:35:14
Lists: pgsql-general

So, is there no way i can version the stored procedures or tables.
Has anyone done anything similar.
Does any system table have a description or any field i could store the
version for the tables/stored procedures/views.

thanks jim, but i think, If its just 20% tables changing and that two in a
sub-schema storing person details for example, i might not want to have
downtime on other applications that are not using person sub-system.

thanks in advance,
vish