Re: Inefficient escape codes.

From: Rodrigo Madera <rodrigo(dot)madera(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inefficient escape codes.
Date: 2005-10-24 19:11:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Now this interests me a lot.

Please clarify this:

I have 5000 tables, one for each city:

City1_Photos, City2_Photos, ... City5000_Photos.

Each of these tables are: CREATE TABLE CityN_Photos (location text, lo_id
largeobectypeiforgot)

So, what's the limit for these large objects? I heard I could only have 4
billion records for the whole database (not for each table). Is this true?
If this isn't true, then would postgres manage to create all the large
objects I ask him to?

Also, this would be a performance penalty, wouldn't it?

Much thanks for the knowledge shared,
Rodrigo