Problems on SuSE PPC 7.1

From: Thomas Adick <thomas(at)adick(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems on SuSE PPC 7.1
Date: 2001-11-11 11:15:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello group,

maybe someone could help me with following problem:

I have installed a SuSE PPC 7.1 on an IBM RS6000 43p PrEP. Thesystem is
running fiene. Also I have compiled an own apache.

I also installed the PostgreSQL packages.

To start the daemon, the command "rcpostgresql start" is needed. But I get
following error message:

"exit status onm /usr/bin/postmaster: 1" and a nice red "failed".

If I start the postmaster as user postgres, everything is fine.

But this machine should be used as a server, and in my opinion it is not
good to start the postmaster everytime manualy after a crash ..

Did someone of you knows this problem and could help me!?
--
** Thomas Adick **
** icq 28356064 **