Re: LC_COLLATE=C not working

From: "Robert Wille" <vmg2rad02(at)sneakemail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane tgl-at-sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us |Postgres|" <xf54hm6pap0t(at)sneakemail(dot)com>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut peter_e-at-gmx(dot)net |Postgres|" <4628hm6fbl0t(at)sneakemail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LC_COLLATE=C not working
Date: 2003-10-03 16:07:41
Lists: pgsql-general

pg_controldata $PGDATA says LC_COLLATE=C
pg_controldata $PGDATA/data says LC_COLLATE=en_US.iso885915

Perhaps this is a related problem. When I run dbinit, it puts a bunch of
configuration stuff in $PGDATA. When I start the postmaster, it tells me it
is initializing the database and creates $PGDATA/data and puts the same
configuration stuff there. I have no idea why it creates two sets of
configuration data. I don't see this on my test server, just on my
production server. My guess is that when it initializes the database when
the postmaster starts, that it isn't getting the LC_COLLATE setting.