Re: Java GUI development

From: Vernon Wu <vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Java GUI development
Date: 2002-06-05 03:10:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

It is a great idea to have a cross-platform's PostgreSQL client on top of PostgreSQL JDBC. Based on my experience, a
Swing application can be very bulky and slow, or slim and fast. The quality of the application is largely depended on the
developers' skill level. The PointBase(www.pointbase.com) has a very nice Java client. We may learn something from
it.

I can get involved in the project. I, however, can't commit a lot of time on it since I am very busy on my own project.