Experiencing error during restore - found unexpected block ID (0)

From: Sar <zengu(at)seznam(dot)cz>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Experiencing error during restore - found unexpected block ID (0)
Date: 2019-12-16 17:46:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have database on Windows Server, running postgresql 10 and I've run pg_
dump with options: -Fc  --verbose -d db_name --file "E:\backup.sql" -T some_
table.

Now when I run pg_restore, also on windows server with postgresql 12, or on
the same original server with postgresql 10, using options --data-only --
verbose -j 8,

or without jobs, but selecting some specific few tables with -t option I get
follwing error:

error: pg_restore: error: found unexpected block ID (0) when reading data --
expected 3142

This error will only happen on very few tables, most run fine.

Currently, I'm running without jobs and without tables selected with -t,
however I haven't gotten to the specific table that causes the trouble (the
restore will take days), however I already fear when it comes to that table
the same error will trigger.

I guess this could serve as a possible bug report as well, but any advice as
to what I can do is appreciated.