Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: Tony <tony(at)unihost(dot)net>
To: "Keith C(dot) Perry" <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
Cc: johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com, "Randal L(dot) Schwartz" <merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com>, Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, aspire420(at)hotpop(dot)com, pgsql-advocay(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2003-12-28 16:03:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Sadly a company will believe anything that a consultant they trust tells
them. Otherwise there'd be little point in hiring a consultant to give
them advice would there?

It seems rather illogical that you'd refuse to work with a company that
had been given potentially sub-standard advice, based on what appears to
be a theological view?

Either that or you have more consulting work than you know what to do
with, that you can afford to base business decisions on an ideological
basis.

If I chose not to work with companies that used Windows as servers
(because IMHO, Windows is not a good server environment) my house
would've been repossessed, and I'd have probably starved by now.

T.