Re: [HELP bug] (control lost) while in create table

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Hiroshi Saito <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HELP bug] (control lost) while in create table
Date: 2003-12-26 13:02:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Raphaël Enrici wrote:
>

>> Ah, it seems this gift was for me ;p
>> I've looked to your screenshots and in my environment, I don't have
>> the left panel displayed correctly in the help...
>> Any Idea from where this could come ?
>
> Hi Raphaël,
> you are using a HTML helpsite that's non-standard, configured under
> options, while Hiroshi uses the standard embedded help system. If
> there's something wrong with the wx browser in this case, we should
> certainly fix this.

ok, I created my .pgadmin3 from scratch and everything is working
perfectly now. My .pgadmin3 was quite old (I think it dated from pre-1.0
versions...) and so was lacking many options. I kept a copy of the bad
one if you are interested in debugging this.

> It might be a good idea to upgrade our wx snapshot before
> investigating this further; it might already be fixed. I'll check wx
> CVS as soon as I find the time to do this. BTW, currently there are
> quite a lot of complaints about broken wx compilings, so before
> pinning a version we'll need to make sure it works well on all
> platforms we like.

I hope to get a sparc station at home in the beginning of the year... I
think it will be able to do things like 1+1=2 in less than a minute, but
I can't certify I will be able to install all the packages I told you
about in the solaris port thread... Another thing, it seems that the
patch I sent concerning solaris headers in db/pgConn.cpp was forgotten
or simply lost.

Regards,
Raphaël