Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please

From: "Tony (Unihost)" <tony(at)unihost(dot)net>
To: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com
Cc: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>, "pgsql-general (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please
Date: 2003-12-22 13:31:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Are all of these languages purely preference, or are some better for
writing DB functions than others. Personally, although I write in PHP a
great deal, I'd just get confused writing stored procs in PHP. So I'll
be writing my stored procs in plpgsql, just for the sake of my sanity
more than any other reason.

T.