Re: functions returning sets

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jeff Rogers <jrogers(at)findlaw(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: functions returning sets
Date: 2003-12-18 21:40:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Joe Conway wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> We still need a code addition that uses an ExprState shutdown callback
>> to reset the state of an SRF that uses the SRF_XXX macros. Joe, have
>> you had time to give that any thought?
>
> Yeah, I've gotten something started, but couldn't do much without the
> shutdown getting called. I hadn't yet figured out the best way to make
> that happen, so I'm glad you did ;-). I'll update to cvs tip and try
> Jeff's function with my changes and your committed changes. Will get
> back shortly with the results.

OK, updated to cvs tip, and with the attached patch applied, all seems well:

regression=# select id from foo where 'a' in (select
pgxml_xpath(doc,'/top/node'));
id
----
1
2
3
(3 rows)

Any comment on the patch?

BTW, I am seeing:
[...]
test portals_p2 ... ok
test rules ... FAILED
test foreign_key ... ok
[...]
but it seems unrelated to this change -- caused by a redefinition of the
pg_stats view. I guess I need to initdb.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
current.diff text/plain 3.9 KB