Re: CVS HEAD compile failure

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD compile failure
Date: 2003-12-08 21:03:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Kurt Roeckx <Q(at)ping(dot)be> writes:
>

>>I can compile current cvs with gcc 2.95.3, openssl 0.9.7b and
>>zlib 1.2.1.
>>

>"current CVS" meaning "since I fixed the include order" ?

The little code snippet I posted earlier should do to test out
compilers, if people want to.

Looking around the web I see that we aren't the first people to trip
over this. In fact the issue has been known for years - I saw a
reference to it all the way back to 1999.

Another project solved it by adjusting the namespace pollution instead
of changing the include order, thus:

+#define free_func zlib_free_func
#include <zlib.h>
+#undef free_func