Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.4 gets killed by SIG_KILL [SOLVED]

From: "Magnus Naeslund(t)" <mag(at)fbab(dot)net>
To: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
Cc: doug(at)mcnaught(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.4 gets killed by SIG_KILL [SOLVED]
Date: 2003-12-04 20:30:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jeff wrote:

> Do you have any system monitoring scripts that may be killing it as it
> may look like a "runaway" process?
>
> We've had this happen to us before. You tend to forget about things like
> that.

This got me thinking, and i rechecked all possibilities.
It turned out that we changed rlimit policies earlier and the "default"
cpu time limits bleeded over to postgres since it didn't have a negating
entry in the pam limits control.
Since the startup scripts use "su - postgres -c cmd" it "logged in" and
so got the now default cpu time values.

So it was only a mindbug, and thats good :)

Magnus