Microsoft installer

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Microsoft installer
Date: 2003-11-30 20:02:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

right before the first pgadmin3 release, we were discussing about how to
distribute the win32 version. You stated it should be a MSI package, and
claimed to do that. Apparently, you don't find the time, and I don't
have the tools to do it.

I've been creating a NSIS project (nsis.sourceforge.net), using the
current NSIS 2.0B4.

IMHO instead of having an ugly zip file, we should use NSIS as long
there's no better solution available. Checked in for cvs head, but works
with 1.0.2 trunk too.

Regards,
Andreas