cvs head configure broken for --with-krb5 on RH9

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "Hackers (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: cvs head configure broken for --with-krb5 on RH9
Date: 2003-11-29 02:06:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As of this change:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2003-11/msg00278.php
I can't seem to configure --with-krb5.

The configure script I've used (derived from what the the RH9 RPM spec
file does) for quite some time now is:

./configure \
--host=i386-redhat-linux \
--build=i386-redhat-linux \
--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu \
--program-prefix= \
--prefix=/usr \
--exec-prefix=/usr \
--bindir=/usr/bin \
--sbindir=/usr/sbin \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--datadir=/usr/share \
--includedir=/usr/include \
--libdir=/usr/lib \
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec \
--localstatedir=/var \
--sharedstatedir=/usr/com \
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
--disable-rpath \
--with-perl \
--with-tcl \
--with-tclconfig=/usr/lib \
--without-tk \
--with-python \
--enable-nls \
--enable-debug \
--enable-cassert \
--enable-depend \
--sysconfdir=/etc/sysconfig/pgsql \
--datadir=/usr/share/pgsql \
--with-docdir=/usr/share/doc \
--with-openssl \
--with-pam \
--enable-integer-datetimes \
--with-krb5=/usr/kerberos

With the above I get:

[...]
checking whether to build Java/JDBC tools... no
checking whether to build with Kerberos 4 support... no
checking whether to build with Kerberos 5 support... configure: error:
no argument expected for --with-krb5 option

If I follow the advice of the error message, and change that last line
to just "--with-krb5", I get this:

[...]
checking for inflate in -lz... yes
checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... no
configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_encrypt' required for
Kerberos 5

What should I be doing differently?

Joe