Re: Character invalid saving memo with UpdateSQL

From: Richard Combs <rncombs(at)covad(dot)net>
To: Cristian Custodio <cristian_custodio(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Character invalid saving memo with UpdateSQL
Date: 2003-11-26 17:50:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I haven't used the BDE in a while, however it looks like a problem with
character sets. That is BDE is using one character set and PG is using
another, hence the "invalid" characters. Check the postgreSQL
documentation on localization to see how to make your server recognize
other language (character) sets.

One other question, does this happen only with varchar and only with
that one column, or can you duplicate the problem with character type in
another column?