Permissions and PGSQL

From: "Jean-Eric Cuendet" <jean-eric(dot)cuendet(at)bluewin(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permissions and PGSQL
Date: 2003-12-16 08:41:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I use PgSql for a lot of our company's need and I lack some features.
I would like to know if there is plans to implement:
- User permissions based on columns? (Ex: User1 has Select on Column "CompayName"
but User2 has update on column "CompanyName" while User3 has create new row
on table).
- Permissions on create table. This is the most lacking permission problem
actually, since everyone that can log in PgSql can create tables...

Thanks to share ideas and on going work.
-jec