Re: Build farm

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build farm
Date: 2003-11-19 12:59:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan writes:
>

>>If there's general interest I'll try to cook something up. (This kind of
>>stuff is right up my alley). I'd prefer some automated display of
>>results, though. A simple CGI script should be all that's required for
>>that.
>>

>The real problem will be to find enough machines so that the build farm
>becomes useful. IMO, that would mean *more* machines than are currently
>lines in the supported-platforms table.

"Useful" is probably subjective. That list would at least be a good
place to start, though. What combinations of variables do you think we
would need?

This would be a fairly painless way for users to be helpful to the
project, btw - the way I am envisioning things this would be fairly much
a "set and forget" process.

I'll have an example page available in a few days.

cheers

andrew