Re: Comparing databases

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comparing databases
Date: 2003-11-14 15:42:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>> - I don't quite understand how Sybase is still in business, unless
>> Microsoft is still paying them some royalties on SQL Server...

Sybase has a long standing and stable foothold in the financial
industry.

>These are also two good examples, because at one point or another,
>these were both considered products that were the best in their
>class, that were more or less unbeatable, and that were therefore sfe
>and solid choices.
>
>You could talk about this without naming particular products, if you
>wanted. I tend to agree with Chris, however, that more words are
>unlikely to be read by the PHB targets. In my experience, a
>paragraph with more than three sentences makes so called technology
>decisions makers' eyes glaze over.

Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC - S/JDBC
Postgresql support, programming, shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com
PostgreSQL.Org - Editor-N-Chief - http://www.postgresql.org