Re: strange postgresql failure

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tomasz Myrta <jasiek(at)klaster(dot)net>
Cc: Lista dyskusyjna pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange postgresql failure
Date: 2003-10-30 17:33:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tomasz Myrta wrote:

> Dnia 2003-10-30 12:32, Użytkownik Tomasz Myrta napisał:
>> After few seconds all backends were disconnected and postgres restarted.
>> It didn't help :-( Even reboot didn't help...
>>
>> Postgres is 7.3.2-2 on Debian Woody.
>
> Sorry for my panic. It was my C function which raised segmentation fault.
>
> Anyway it would be nice to have some human readable control over C
> functions...

There is, sort of ... it's called "core" and if your backend and C
function shared object have been compiled with symbol information you
can use a debugger to get a stack trace and look at variables. If that's
not "human readable" ... well ... I suppose I'm not human.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #