Re: Russian data in SQL_ASCII encoding

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Моисеев Алексей Николаевич <mp_man(at)ivc(dot)orw(dot)ru>
Cc: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Russian data in SQL_ASCII encoding
Date: 2003-10-01 10:56:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Моисеев Алексей Николаевич wrote:

>Hi!!!
>Why russian data from tables in pgadmin 3 release in SQL_ASCII coding is not
>visible, but this data visible in pgadmin 2?
>What is the different between pgadmin3 and pgadmin2 for this problem?
>Thanks.

Hm,
I suspect that the server isn't able to translate your SQL_ASCII data to
Unicode to send it over the line. Currently, pgAdmin3 tells the backend
to send all data in Unicode, which should fit everything (if convertible).

Maybe we should leave the client connection SQL_ASCII if this is the
server encoding, because there are probably many SQL_ASCII encoded
databases around that actually contain non-ascii (thus non-convertible)
data.

Regards,
Andreas