Re: State of Beta 2

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
Cc: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>, Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>, PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: State of Beta 2
Date: 2003-09-15 20:23:02
Lists: pgsql-general

> I'm not going to rehash the arguments I have made before; they are all
> archived. Suffice to say you are simply wrong. The number of
> complaints over the years shows that there IS a need.

I at no point suggested that there was not a need. I only suggest that
the need may not be as great as some suspect or feel. To be honest -- if
your arguments were the "need" that everyone had... it would have been
implemented some how. It hasn't yet which would suggest that the number
of people that have the "need" at your level is not as great as the
number of people who have different "needs" from PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.