Re: pgsql in shared lib

From: Gerhard Häring <lists(at)ghaering(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql in shared lib
Date: 2003-09-15 09:09:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ivan wrote:
> Is true, but sometimes programers needgood database engine for simply
> program.I think that postgres is one of the best sql db for free and with
> open source, [...]

Your current alternatives are:

- Firebird: can be built as an embedded database engine (may be
experimental)
- MySQL: can be built as an embedded database engine since 4.0
- SQLite: embedded mode only. Very small (ca. 180 kb), but has most
features you'll ever need. Typelessness is sometimes annoying, though.

-- Gerhard