Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...

From: Christof Petig <christof(at)petig-baender(dot)de>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Date: 2003-09-11 07:11:33
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers-win32

[trimmed CC a bit, though committer is OT, it clearly is the only
mailing list involved. Time for a pgsql-win32?]

Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> Christof Petig wrote:
>>>Well, the files are in there now --- I might as well just leave them so
>>>they don't have to go through that. This MinGW environment is much more
>>>limited than a Unix environment --- no bison, flex, cvs, or perl.
>>
>>You should really consider using MSys (the development environment by
>>one of the MinGW developers). It offers bash,perl,cvs,ssh,libtool,auto*
>>and more in 3+9MB. I can't imagine porting anything from unix to Windows
>>without that environment. It should even offer bison+flex.

there is an extra package called msysDTK (developer toolkit)
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=158856

and msysDTK-1.0.0-alpha-1.tar.gz includes perl (since actual msysDTK is
an opaque .exe it's difficult for me to tell whether perl is in it, I
clearly have perl.exe in my msys/bin).

bison and flex are available from the gnuwin32 effort:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html

Christof

PS: Never install normal windows binaries in msys/bin. There are special
command line properties (directory structure compatibility) associated
with msys/bin.