Re: [HACKERS] Win32 native port

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Cc: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>, Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 native port
Date: 2003-09-03 21:01:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

[moved to pgsql-hackers-win32 where it seems to belong]

Last time I looked at Apache APR it seemed to be good for a major
headache, if not brain damage.

I did send some info to the hackers list a few months ago - my
understanding is that the way (or one way) to do this is via the Windows
messaging layer, if we have access to that. Windows does have signals,
but not enough of them. This can't be rocket science - and we can't be
the first people to need to solve it.

cheers

andrew