Re: Desktop integration

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de, jm(at)poure(dot)com, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Desktop integration
Date: 2003-09-01 21:44:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Raphael, I have added the file as pkg/debian/desktop with 2 changes:

Ok, if it is in pkg/debian it should be named "pgadmin3.menu" to help
automate the installation with debhelper scripts, is it hard to rename
the file in CVS ? If yes, I'll do the trick "manually" in the build process.

> 2) Removed the icon from the Tools folder. I think one of the major
>
>problems with most non-Windows systems is the overwhelming menu structures
>with nearly everything starting with K or G(!). Let's not add to that
>problem by adding our icon to more than one folder.

Sounds good to me, but then may be we should leave it in "tools" instead
of "databases" entry. Although I prefer "Databases", "tools" is a
section I found from a scratch install it was not the case of
"databases" which I added by hand. What do you think ?

>>an you also do the magick trick so that the elephant48.xpm that
>>Andreas
>>uploaded some days ago become available in snapshots tarball ?
>>

>Done.

Thank you.

Raphaël