Re: Books for PostgreSQL?

From: Robby Russell <rrussell(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Books for PostgreSQL?
Date: 2003-08-28 14:40:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Benjamin Jury wrote:
> The only problem with 'Practical PostgreSQL' is that it is rather out of
> date.

True, there have been many new features, however you can't say its
beyond usefullness now. A new person to PostgreSQL can look at it
online, check it out at the library, pick it up new/used... and still
learn the majority of PostgreSQL installation and usage.

> one on LXP, if its not included out of the box then why put it in the book?
> A chapter is way to much IMHO...)

I heard a rumour that LXP should be open sourced fairly soon.

> Wait until the 2nd edition that should cover 7.3 or 7.4.

We all wait in anticipation... ;-)

However, the 1st release is open source and you can read it online anytime.

--
Robby Russell, | Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc. | http://www.commandprompt.com