Re: [HACKERS] 2-phase commit

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, "Advocacy (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 2-phase commit
Date: 2003-08-28 10:05:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Joe Conway wrote:
> (moving to advocacy)
>
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>
>> - The main Tuxedo reseller that I am aware of is PeopleSoft, who use
>> it for their "high traffic" clients. Anyone that has seen news lately
>> knows that they and Oracle aren't exactly "best pals" these days;
>> having another DB option could be helpful to them...
>

> That's an interesting observation, because I've long thought PeopleSoft
> ought to support Postgres too. From what I recall, their database schema
> is *very* database neutral (at least as of PSFT version 7.x) and fairly
> simple (we ran it on MSSQL 6.5). It would probably be pretty easily
> ported to run on Postgres.
>
> I wonder how we could get them to consider it...

Not a bad suggestion. Just went to their site and submitted an quick
brief of benefits/etc via their "Partner Proposal" page:

http://checkers.peoplesoft.com/allconn/ppp.nsf/PPP?OpenForm&Seq=2#_RefreshKW_type

I'm hoping they are read by People With A Clue, and that they in turn
will pass it on to the right group internally.

Worth a shot I guess.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift