Re: changing field length

From: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: changing field length
Date: 2003-08-20 15:16:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Ok. so for now I want to return to where I started. so I renamed the
table and regenerated my original table with the fields in the order
that I like. I cannot just do a
insert into table select * from other_table;
because the fields are in a different order.
Can I do this by listing the fields in my insert in the order in which I
want them placed?
Thanks
Jodi

--