Re: [GENERAL] FATAL: The database system is in recovery mode

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: Kenéz Attila <akenez(at)energo-szoft(dot)hu>, "PostgreSQL Cygwin (E-mail)" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Psql_General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] FATAL: The database system is in recovery mode
Date: 2003-08-09 17:12:35
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-general

> I'd highly recommend against using postgresql with cygwin in production,

>and further, very highly recommend against using it under win9x, due to
>the stability issues on that platform. Can you just put it on a Win2K or
>better a linux box and let the clients all connect to that machine?

I would second this. We actually explicitly limit connections to 50 with
Mammoth PostgreSQL for Win32.
Also win9x just doesn't have the preemptiveness needed in the kernel to
handle something like PostgreSQL.

PostgreSQL on Win32 for WinNT/2000/XP is fairly stable though, as long
as you leave it at 50 connections
or less.