new user rpm content question.

From: "R(dot)W(dot) Hartung" <rwhartung(at)rgimaging(dot)com>
To: PG jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: new user rpm content question.
Date: 2003-08-01 02:19:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,
I am a certified newbie to java, jdbc, and have very little experience
with PostgreSQL to date. I am trying to install a dicom server as a test
for a medical office. I have everything set except for the required jdbc
driver for postgresql.

I have installed the RH9 rpm postgresql-jdbc-7.3.... that contains three
files:
pg73bljdbc1.jar
pg73bljdbc2.jar
pb73bljdbc3.jar.

I have installed the IBM Java2 SDK. Which of the jar files in the rpm
postgresql package provides tghe Java2 level functionality? I have
searched the IBM and Postgres sites and have been overwhelmed with the
volume of information, but I can't find the specific piece of information
that I need.

Thanks for your help.

Bob Hartung