Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name
Date: 2003-07-30 19:13:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

That assumes we know what the shape of the log tables will be, but this
isn't quite clear to me - I can imagine it being different for different
needs. Having an external program to parse the logs into INSERT
statements would not be hard, anyway, so I'm not sure that this would
buy us much. I'll think about it more. In any case, it should be done in
stages, I think, with the first stage simply being what we do now with
the optional dbname field added.

cheers

andrew