Re: JDBC stored procs doc patch

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Rich Cullingford <rculling(at)sysd(dot)com>
Cc: Nic <nferrier(at)tapsellferrier(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC stored procs doc patch
Date: 2003-07-30 16:06:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-patches

Rich Cullingford wrote:

> I'm confused: this appears to say that setFetchSize() now works in some
> version of PG JDBC. As of the JDBC that builds with PG 7.3.3,
> setFetchSize() claims it's "unimplemented." Also, this looks like
> straight client-side Java code; what's the "stored procs" part of the
> patch? We don't have Java inside PG yet, do we?

I believe that is supposed to go with the patch that is pending in the list.

If you add all pending patches to the driver you get what Red Hat and
Fujitsu have today, a fully compliant JDBC driver. Both Red Hat and
Fujitsu have donated all the compliance work to the community.
Hopefully you will get all this in the 7.4 driver. Just give Barry and
Dave some time to review and incorporate the changes.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com