pgAdmin3: adding comments to existing tables

From: Terence Kearns <terencek(at)isd(dot)canberra(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin3: adding comments to existing tables
Date: 2003-07-16 02:32:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

because the interface attempts to "re-submit all" of the properties of
the existing table for alteration, if you want to change any one
property of a table, you need to re-apply all properties. This has the
undesired side-effect of failing *any* modification to a table if any of
the other *existing* properties fail to qualify for re-applying through
ALTERing.

For instance, I have a table containing a column with a default value.

When I try to use pgAdmin3 to add(modify) a(the) comment to that table,
the operation fails with the message.

ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implementd...

This is silly bacause my intent was not to add a column. I think this
may be a user-interface design limitation.

--
Terence Kearns ~ ph: +61 2 6201 5516
IT Database/Applications Developer