Re: pgAdmin3 wxstd.po new translation file (don't

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr
Cc: finteh(at)finteh(dot)hr, apache(at)cosinus(dot)sederhana(dot)or(dot)id, saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp, slawek(at)icpnet(dot)pl, devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org, laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn, saramraish(at)earthlink(dot)net, jan(at)pruner(dot)cz, karim(at)inlosa(dot)com, abbasizad(at)hotmail(dot)com, kovzol(at)math(dot)u-szeged(dot)hu, tolli(at)tol(dot)li, frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it, brage(at)sisyfos(dot)zoo(dot)uib(dot)no, angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br, mokhov(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca, db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org, howard(at)mu(dot)edu(dot)ph, chlee(at)femh(dot)org(dot)tw, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 wxstd.po new translation file (don't
Date: 2003-07-05 19:32:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear friends,
>

>Please note that wxstd.po is part of wxWindows. In French, there were 10
>missing strings in wxstd.po, therefore I did the translation.
>
>If wxstd.po is empty in your language, don't loose time translating it. Our
>goal is to publish pgAdmin3 translations, not to tranlate wxWindows.
>
>:)

Yes, I agree with Jean-Michel.
Actually, wxWindows checks for the mere existence of wxstd.mo, and will
return "FALSE" if it's not present. So it's a somewhat technical thing,
only few strings are actually used.
So far, I haven't found a way to extract just the strings that we really
need (except for the languages). Maybe at a later time, we just click
through the program and create a translation source file manually.

Regards,
Andreas