Re: replication/redundancy

From: Toni Schlichting <toni(at)schlichting(dot)net>
To: weigelt(at)metux(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replication/redundancy
Date: 2003-06-29 08:28:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

weigelt(at)metux(dot)de wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:05:02PM -0400, Dave [Hawk-Systems] wrote:
>

>>some searches on this have produced mixed results...
>>
>>do we have a stable means to replicate transactions between two physical
>>servers, preferrably in master - master configuration where updates/inserts can
>>be done on either database and the results replicated to the other master.

I fear up to date there is no such facility available. As far as I have
understood
your question you intend to copy all transactions from database-A to
database-B and
continously rollforward database-B, or so.

It seems pgreplication will be the tool you are looking. it is under way
but it is
not here yet. It looks as if pgreplication will do much more than just
enabling a
hot standby. What I have read up to now looks more like a
quorum-facility. I hope,
I didn't get this wrong, because I would have use for something like this.

Ciao, Toni