Re: pgConn.cpp.patch

From: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgConn.cpp.patch
Date: 2003-06-25 14:50:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> Yes, this is because the PQsetClientEncoding fails because the
> connection failed. I've changed the preceeding code to:
>
> // Set client encoding to Unicode/Ascii
> if (PQstatus(conn) == CONNECTION_OK)
> {
>
> #if wxUSE_UNICODE
>
> wxLogInfo(wxT("Setting client_encoding to 'UNICODE'"));

> which takes care of it.
>
> Regards, Dave.

Doh! Of course it fails. Well, at least this saves me from having to
figure out what I missed. BTW, if PQsetClientEncoding fails, which it
does, then why would the error come up as a password error? Does that
mean that PQsetClientEncoding doesn't change the Postgres errors like
other PQ functions?

ahp