caching query results

To: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: caching query results
Date: 2003-05-21 14:34:34
Lists: pgsql-general

hello all

I've been wondering, if it was possible to cache the query results...

the reason I ask is because of a script I wrote recently... each request
takes up to 4 seconds... that ok, because its quite a bit of data... but
instead of always collecting the data again and again some kind of cache
wouldn't be all too bad.

assuming that all queries are always the same - except for the OFFSET..
- LIMIT stays the same.

cheers, alex