"deadlock detected" documentation

From: Matt Mello <alien(at)spaceship(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "deadlock detected" documentation
Date: 2003-05-06 21:48:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

I just got a "deadlock detected" SQL error from the backend. I've never
received one of these before, but I just released new pooling code, so
I'm concerned.

Can someone point me to documentation on what this is and how to prevent
it? [My search on the newsgroups yielded far too much for me to read.]

TIA!

--
Matt Mello