pgadmin3 wizard snapin technology

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadmin3 wizard snapin technology
Date: 2003-04-26 11:27:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-hackers

was: [HACKERS] pg_constraint and constraint triggers

Dave Page wrote:

>It's rumoured that Tom Lane once said:
>

>>contrib/adddepend/ is supposed to help out with upgrading definitions
>>loaded from old databases. Possibly you could adapt its logic into a
>>"fix things" operation in pgAdmin.
>>

>Ahh thanks. I had a browse through /contrib but obviously missed that.

There are a lot of ideas (many implemented in pgadmin2) to enhance pgadmin3 with wizards of all kinds, but currently we don't have a technology to easily snap in additional features. Suggestions? Do we need snapins anyway or should we simply link them into the main project?

Regards,
Andreas