Re: the build

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Nic Ferrier <nferrier(at)tapsellferrier(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the build
Date: 2003-04-15 15:52:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-patches

Nic,

Unfortunately I am not well versed in either ant or autoconf configury.
I personally build the different versions by changing the JAVA_HOME
environment variable to point to the jdk I wish to use for building.
Ant then picks it up and does the 'right' thing. I personally haven't
tried building with gcj yet and I don't know if ant has support for gcj.

In general I would say that the driver has moved away from autoconf/make
and towards ant as the build mechanism. The role make now plays is
essentially just the wrapper around ant that ties into the overall
postgres build mechanism.

thanks,
--Barry