permission denied

From: phil campaigne <pcampaigne(at)charter(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: permission denied
Date: 2003-03-13 03:23:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm using jdbc to connect tomcat to postgresql. I a permission denied
when my application tries to acces the database files.
"/usr/local/pgsql/data/global/1262"
I am trying to change the linux directory's permission, but to who?
...postgres
...the database user
1. Which one?
2. Do I set permissions using chown and chgrp?
3. Set permission for just 1262 or all in the global directory?

thanks,
Phil