Select results output to file?

From: Dennis King <d_r_king(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select results output to file?
Date: 2003-03-13 04:37:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

I want to output to a file, but haven't found anything but the SQL
copy statement. I want to output the results of a select statement,
though. Ideally I'd be doing this from inside a pl/pgsql function.

I've looked through both books and searched the archives. Seems like
this should be a common thing to do; what did I miss?

Thanks!

Dennis