Re: listen/notify with python pgdb

To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: listen/notify with python pgdb
Date: 2003-03-12 05:28:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

george young wrote:
> [postgresql 7.3, python 2.3a1, pygresql-3.4-pre021201]
> Does anyone use listen/notify with pgdb, the python DB-API
> interface? I've done a crude hack, but maybe someone has a nicer one?

we are doing it quite extensively in our "gnumed" project, and it works
to our satisfaction.

We run the "listener" in a background thread which then posts messages
on receiving backend notifications.

However, we are using the pyPgSql python adapter, not the pgdb one.
Have a look at
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/python-common/gmBackendListener.py?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/x-python

Horst