Re: PostgreSQL, NetBSD and NFS

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: James Hubbard <jhubbard(at)mcs(dot)uvawise(dot)edu>, "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL, NetBSD and NFS
Date: 2003-02-05 18:43:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

James Hubbard wrote:
> Justin Clift wrote:
>
>> Hmmm... does anyone remember the name of that NFS testing tool the
>> FreeBSD guys were using? Think it came from Apple. They used it to
>> find and isolate bugs in the FreeBSD code a while ago.
>>
>> Sounds like it might be useful here.
>>
>> :-)
>
> You can find a write about it here:
> http://kerneltrap.org/node.php?id=327
>
> The actual link to the source
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/tools/regression/fsx/

Thanks James.

That's definitely the one.

D'Arcy, if you want to test if your NFS layer is stable, this might
really help. It's a single C file that get compiled, and you run it
against a remote NFS file.

This is supposed to be one of those tools that will try to trip up the
NFS layer in every possible way, without violating the spec, etc.

Hope this is useful.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift