Re: limited field duplicates

From: Jean-Luc Lachance <jllachan(at)nsd(dot)ca>
To: Don Isgitt <djisgitt(at)soundenergy(dot)com>
Cc: postgresql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: limited field duplicates
Date: 2003-01-31 20:17:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Here something I tried:

create index master_all on master( country, state, township_n, range_n,
section);

select distinct m.*
from master m, master m1
where m.country = m1.country and
m.state = m1.state and
m.township_n = m1.township_n and
m.range_n = m1.range_n and
m.section = m1.section and
m.apinum != m1.apinum;

Distinct is needed if there are more than 2 duplicates (ie triplicates
etc...) to reduce de number of combinations.

Make sure you vacuum analyze "master" after creating the index.

It is not clear if there is a one to one relation between the _n and the
_d fields.

JLL