Comparing different numeric data types

From: Vicente Alabau Gonzalvo <vicente(dot)alabau-gonzalvo(at)cgey(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Comparing different numeric data types
Date: 2003-01-31 12:21:54
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know if it's the right place for posting this thing.
Maybe sql list be better, but here it is.

It seems not to be possible to compare different numeric data types
such as numeric and double precision. I get this error:

Unable to identify an operator '<=' for types 'numeric' and 'double
precision'

Is it planned to do this comparissions in the future?

It's possible to make a cast but I don't like this approach.
It would be better if can be made transparently.