Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Ron Mayer <ron(at)intervideo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-01-31 04:37:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> > And, by the way, who in their right mind tests a database server by repeated
> > yanking of the AC power?
>
> Anybody who would like their data to survive a power outage.

... has UPS, ECC Ram on quality boards and storage subsystems that
guarantee the data to hit "some" surface after it passed the interface
... what's your point? Are you telling me that the reliability of an
EMC2 system depends on which OS it is receiving the bits from? Is SuSE
as reliable as TurboLinux? Or do I have to buy AIX to get the best
result?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #