Re: is_numeric() or extract_numeric() functions?

From: "Ron St(dot)Pierre" <rstpierre(at)syscor(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is_numeric() or extract_numeric() functions?
Date: 2003-01-30 17:18:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I guess my note wasn't clear enough. When I said that worked, I meant
using the double quotes when trying to use regular expressions in a
function. I placed the working function, called numeric_part(text), on
the cookbook web page -> that's what I wanted to convey in the first two
sentences of my response.

eg:
planroomsk=# select numeric_part('Testing on my 7.2.1 install');
numeric_part
721
(1 row)